Eligibility: The AMD Learn & Earn Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom (including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands), who are
- at least 18 years of age at the time of entry;
- who are owners, executives, or members of sales, marketing, sales operations, product management and merchandising departments of companies –
1) classified as system integrator/builder, sub-distributor, retail (brick & mortar stores), e-tailer, graphics card manufacturer, motherboard partner and value-added reseller establishments; and
2) that sell and/or promote AMD component micro-processors and/or graphics cards.
Individuals meeting these eligibility requirements and who enter as provided below are “Participants.” Excluded individuals: Residents or nationals of Cuba, North Korea, the Sudan, Syria, Burma/Myanmar, or other countries that are restricted for businesses based in the United States, as well as employees of Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, and the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, domestic partner, husband or wife) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Promoter determines, in its sole discretion that Participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of prize would violate local law or cause damage to the reputation of AMD and/or any other party. Participants may be required to submit proof of their eligibility. The Contest is void outside of the United Kingdom, and where prohibited.
Promoter: The Contest is promoted by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., One AMD Place, PO Box 3453, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3453("AMD" or “Promoter”).
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding and Promoter will not enter into correspondence with Participant. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Contest begins on 1 February 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and ends on 28 February 2017, at 11:59 p.m. GMT (the “Entry Period”). Promoter’s computer system will be the official timekeeping device for the Contest. Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
How to Compete: Access the Contest on the AMD Partner Hub Training Page [http://partner.amd.com/en-gb/training]. On the AMD Partner Hub Training Page, click on the registration banner and register for the Contest where indicated by providing the requested personal information. Registration in the Contest earns the Participant one (1) Contest entry. Free registration is required to participate in Contest.
Earn up to 7 (seven) additional entries by completing training: Participant can earn up to 7 entries by completing any or all of the seven (7) training courses below (estimated time to complete a course: approximately 15 minutes):
1. Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics Cards
2. AMD FreeSync™ Course
3. AMD A-Series APUs Product Overview
4. AMD FX™ Processors AMD
5. Microsoft® DirectX® 12 and AMD
6. Virtual Reality with AMD LiquidVR™ Technology
7. High Bandwidth Memory Part 1 and Part 2
Meet the Experts and Pro Graphics webinars are not eligible for the contest.
To receive an entry, Participant must pass the training course. “Pass” means that Participant viewed at least 50% of the pages in a training course deck, passed the quiz at the end of the training course with a minimum score of 60% (equivalent to 3 of the 5 quiz questions being answered correctly), and filled out all the fields in the guestbook with the same email address used when registering to the contest.
A total of 8 total contest entries can be earned. Participant earns entries for completing actions as follows:
|Register for the Contest||1||1|
|Successfully pass one of the offered training courses||1||7|
Limit: Each Participant may earn up to eight (8) entries during the Entry Period. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Participant’s entries and that Participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification. Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Participant. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the.The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
6. Selection of Potential Winners and Odds of Winning: Potential winning entries will be drawn at random from among all eligible Entries. Drawing will occur on or about 2 March 2017 in Markham, Ontario, Canada. The potential winners will be notified by email on or about 3 March 2017. Promoter is not responsible for any change of email address or mailing address of Participants. The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility. The potential winners will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Declaration”), which must be received back by Promoter within five (5) business days of the date notice is sent by Promoter in order to claim the prize, releasing the Promoter and any related and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with this Contest or the use or misuse or possession of any prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period, or other non-compliance with these Official Rules, that potential winner forfeits the prize and Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternative Participant from the remaining entries, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Promoter’s decisions as to selection of winner and all other matters related to the administration of this Contest are final.
Prize: Six (6) PRIZES: An Amazon® gift card in the amount of £400.
Prize is not transferrable. No cash or other substitution is permitted, except that if for any reason the prize is unavailable, Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. LIMIT: One (1) prize per winner. Winner will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize. Promoter may report the receipt of any prize to the appropriate taxing agencies as required by law. Promoter will notify randomly-drawn winning Participants as well as the Participants’ company, organization or entity with whom Participant is affiliated. Prize will only be retained by such individual upon notice to that company, organization or entity in conformance with its internal policies regarding receipt of prizes. Prize fulfillment is subject to the company, organization, or entity’s internal policies. It is the company, organization, or entity’s sole and ultimate responsibility to determine how and if any prize will be distributed or retained internally and Promoter assumes no responsibility for the decisions made by such company, organization, or entity regarding internal prize distribution.
General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prize by conducting a new, random drawing, using all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release: By receipt of any prize, to the extent allowable under applicable law, Participants agree to release and hold harmless Promoter and its affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising or promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action either from third parties or from the participant, including, but not limited to, claims resulting from any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Santa Clara County, California. To the extent permitted by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Promoter in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
Contest Results: A statement of the Contest results providing the names and geographical region of the winners will be posted within 30 days of the closing of the contest. The results will be available on [http://partner.amd.com/en-gb/training] for four weeks.
©2016-2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. Amazon is not a sponsor of this contest.